Thursday, January 11, 2007

This is a test, this is only a test




I'm posting these pics of a WIP to get a better idea of the next thing to do to it. The first pic is the actual quilt as it stands right now. The second pic has another musical note added, but I'm not sure I like it. If I do use it, I think it needs something more in the "hole" created between the staff and the note. Any ideas? It will ultimately have 2 hands on the keyboard that will be done in thread painting and, like all the other pieces parts, will be separate little quiltlets. As it is right now, the quilt will hang flat and balance with a ring at the top of the staff and a sleeve across the blue piece above the trumpet. I can't believe I got that to work out right!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I love it so far. I am far from musical but I see what you mean about the hole. What about wavy lines to suggest the lines that the notes go on? I am thinking cartoons here. THat's how they denote music. I'll be watching to see what you come up with.