Thursday, January 04, 2007

As promised.


I'm through piecing the top and ready to quilt it. I'm going to pillow case the backing with a 1" strip of the purple (raw edge) around the outside. Then wash it about 10 times. This one is about 48"x60", which I think is a good size for a throw. The top is flat because it's one of my pet peeves to have 'dangly bits' on the top edge to tickle my face, be they fringe, irregular edge, whatever. I have yards of a gorgeous black batik with spots of color that will work well for the backing and it's wide enough I won't have to piece it. The purple will look good with it too. I have to wait for the rain to stop to do any more work on it though since spray basting inside guarantees an asthma attack, even with the doors and windows open. By the way, the terra cotta color is my dining room wall. The edges of the quilt actually stop of the points.
I finally decided on the deep purple for the lattice too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh it's so gorgeous..like stained glass.

Lisa said...

I thought you might be interested in this. http://www.quiltingarts.com/qamag/2008calcontest.html