Sunday, March 18, 2007

Very interesting

Occasionally (when I remember) I look at the stats from my site meter. It gives all sorts of pretty useless information but it's a kick to see where people visit from and how they stumble accidentally (very few find it intentionally I think) on my blog. If you get a hit from a search it tells you what terms were being searched when the blog showed up. I think the most interesting ever came today from a visitor in Elgin, IL. They searched google for "surgical suture cutters quilt" and got me. I shit you not. That is a direct copy and paste of the search field. Now, why exactly someone would combine those particular words is beyond me, but there it is. They are either A) looking for a gift for a VERY specialized nurse, B) seeking a pattern for a damned weird quilt (did they look for "16 oz Estwing hammer quilt," too?) or C) ran across a reference to my post of months back referencing my use of suture scissors as a seam ripper. Pleasepleaseplease let it be C) and if you're in Elgin, IL looking for a surgical suture cutters quilt I'd love to hear the final answer, Regis.

Oh yeah. HI STEPHEN!!!

He's the other half of the award-winning (God, I get goose bumps just saying that. I think I might have actually murmered it out loud just a little that time.) Ebony & Ivory Blues. Not only did he draw the hands, but they are drawings of his actual hands. And just how cool is that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, congratulations on the win!

Sonji Hunt said...

Delta, I didn't have an email for you so I thought I'd post on your blog. I'm so excited that I will "know" someone when I come to Tougaloo! You will have to keep in contact with me before the big event.

sonjisays@yahoo.com

Tanya Brown said...

Say, how were you notified of your win? Did they call you, write you, were you at the show?

I think it's totally cool. Also, I'm hoping some of your greatness will wear off on me by association.

Rissa said...

Goose bumps are good!!!