Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Isn't it amazing.....

what lengths we'll go to for our kids when they ask nicely? This is a 6x9 canvas floorcloth for his room at the frat house. It has the SAE crest on it, and he was so sweet asking me about passing it along to the next frat brother who gets his room when he graduates in 2 years (we fervently hope.) Ummm....son, this is a $5 canvas drop cloth from Big Lots, with 2/$1 acrylic paints on it. Just how long do you think the thing is going to last? I do have to say he's one of the most generous kids I have ever had the pleasure of knowing so it didn't surprise me a bit that he asked though. If nothing else, it'll keep spilled stuff off the floor and I have greater faith in him sweeping a rug than I do him actually mopping the tile floor. I am having a lot of fun working on it though, at least until I get to the polyurethane part.


You can see the original image at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SAE.jpg

3 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

I've been wanting to try making a floor cloth. It's fun seeing what you've done and, hmmm, maybe by the time your son graduates I'll get around to my own!

Rissa said...

It looks great. Does he read Stuart Woods' novels? Stone Barrington is a SAE, which makes sense, since Stuart was too as I recall. LOL

Rissa said...

I also meant to add...if you seal it with Krylon it will last much longer!