Thursday, May 28, 2009

more class stuff

Elvis is in the house! This is the background (last one in the previous post) after I've "done stuff" to it. Painted (brush, roller and spray) stenciled, stamped, and paint penned. The entire lyrics for "In the Ghetto" were written on the first layer, then the piece was stenciled and stamped and some other stuff, then I printed off the small Elvii on an old sewing pattern and added those. Echo quilting around the crowns and the word "Elvis" in the middle. I'll add more gold glitter fabric paint tomorrow after I get it trimmed and bound. Simple diagonal grid quilting for the rest of it.


This is the second to last background shown in the previous post that I have stenciled, stamped, yadda, yadda, yadda, and added a gel transfer of a photo of Pinetop Perkins.

5 comments:

Karoda said...

Wow! talk about a tranformation! I love that shade of green too...how did you mix it?

Deb Lacativa said...

I'm not a fan of the "yadda, yadda, yadda" trend of tossing layers of technique at fabric but in both these pieces you have pulled all the elements together in a way that really pays off.

Delta said...

No idea how I achieved the green! (Check your email for more details)

I'm also not generally a proponent of the "throw stuff at it" school of design, but I have an idea for these specific pieces and they're turning out just as I want them to! I'm sort of surprising myself at the direction I'm going.

Lisa Dunn said...

I really loved seeing these pieces in person. They are beautiful!

TDC said...

Beautiful Work!!!