Saturday, May 02, 2009

Just for Stax!







Here's your post Tom!






This is my studio space, although I've added (and added and added) stuff to it the last couple of months, and rearranged it a bit to have more table space. Also, it's not nearly this neat now that I'm actually working in it. I've always worked in the middle of a cyclone of fabrics and supplies and that seems to be where a lot of my ideas come from. Just seeing an accidental jumble of color seems to trigger ideas a lot of times. I've been working on a lot of rust stained quilts for the gallery (which I thought I had pictures of but can't find) and some brighter stuff that might go in the show. I still don't have a clear idea of what I want to do for that, but it will come. I've also done 3 bottle tree/pink flamingo/ Christmas lights things that are very bright and happy and getting good comments from people visiting the studio while I'm working on them. We'll see if I ever get around to finishing them. For right now, they're hanging on the design board as "decoration" for the studio. We also hung a bunch of finished pieces on the walls the other day. I should probably get more pictures of the current studio, huh?



1 comment:

Staxsun said...

I know you were thinking I wouldn't notice. Of course you were wrong. Where are all the blankets?