Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pinecone quilt


This is what I am doing, instead of what I should be doing. I'm using 4" squares for the prairie points, rather than the traditional 3" squares. I don't mind making a nod towards very traditional, but I'm not crazy! Well, other than stopping in the middle of some hellacious deadlines to do a pinecone quilt, I'm not crazy. Like I didn't have anything else to do today to get my stuff ready. It's sort of a reward for totally finishing a Charley Patton piece yesterday (except the label) and getting one of the shadow instrument pieces hand quilted. YES! I did say HAND QUILTED. Sort of. Small stitches that show through individually to the front in a gold metallic thread. And the same gold metallic for an outline around the black silhouette. You'll see it on the postcard! (The response when I emailed the image was "All I can say is ......WOW!" so I was happy about that.) I'll try to get the pic of "Patton's Pieces" up soon. Or maybe not.
So far, this one is 16" and will probably finish out around 24" if things go as planned. Commercial cotton Mardi Gras prints.

No comments: