Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Special Judge's Recognition"

Gye Nyame has an extra blue ribbon on it! A big one! Made with real satin ribbon! Machine embroidered! I'm not sure exactly what defines it since it's sort of a made-up award as far as I can tell, but it's one of five "extra" ribbons. Best of show, best use of theme, 2 judge's choices and this one. However they decided on what it means and how to award it, it wound up on my quilt! Everything I entered took a ribbon (2 blue, 4 red) which truly surprised me. I'm not arguing, mind you, or offering to give them back, but there were some things I would have changed/fixed/improved if I'd had the time. The stuff I agonize over as important to me frequently doesn't hold as much weight with the judges. I was just happy to be able to hold my own with the quilting aspects of the judging though. I never really worried about the art aspects. Between the ribbons at the show and being accepted for the craft guild, I'm walking on air this week. Strangely enough, I'm excited about being asked to chair the Ed Committee for MQA too.






The reception went well and the quilts were gorgeous. The women who spent the last 2 days hanging (and un-hanging and re-hanging) all 200 quilts deserve a raise or a gold watch or something. The building is beautiful and showcases the quilts very well. I managed to only spend about $50 at the vendors too, and that included a book, so I did ok. I got some more pictures of other people's quilts too, but seeing as how this is my blog, I get to show and write about mine first. I'll post some of the other ones tonight when I get back from Magnolia, and of course I'll have pictures from that class to post later too. Pictures are always good on a blog!

3 comments:

jenclair said...

Congratulations! You deserve each and every ribbon for these wonderful quilts. Keep walking on air...

QuiltingFitzy said...

My goodness! Congrats on all your ribbons, but I'm not suprised.

Michelle said...

Great news!!! Congratulations on your successes. See, we were all right about your work, and so are you (when you're not being super critical as we all can be about our own work).
Go out and celebrate with that fermented fruit--you deserve it!