Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Greater Jackson Quilt Celebration

Some random quilts from the show. Ignore the crappy photography and assume the quilts are absolutely wonderful, despite my tendency to make everything look like it measures 41x93 with an irregular edge. They're actually all pretty square, with straight edges and such. I'm beginning to think I accidentally bought the camera with the fun house mirror lens on it. A very well-deserved Best of Show, "A Walk in the Mountains and in the Valleys", by Lorene N. Paris of Brandon, MS.



Next up is Ann Fox's Judge's choice winner, "Peace and Joy" which is, as always, exquisite.



"Tropical Sunshine" by Jackie Watkins of Ridgeland just blew me away too. I LOVELOVELOVE that shot of yellow through the middle of it.




Another of my personal favorites is the fairly small "Ree's Rhapsody" by Sara Ridgeway Running of Jackson. She worked from a picture instead of a pattern for this one and I think it came out beautifully!

Marilyn Rose's "Southwestern Carpenter's Star" was hanging in front of a window and looked like stained glass with the sunlight flowing through it. Nancy McNally did an incredible job with the different quilting motifs in each panel.

And those of you who know of my obsession with Santa in all shapes and sizes will KNOW I went straight to this "Victoria Santas" by Nancie Jones of Madison. Perfect placement and use of the crystals too.

And no pictures from the show would be complete without at least one Of Dorinda Evans' Kaffe Fassett quilts. This is "Round Peg in a Square Hole" and it's one of my favorites. I get my Kaffe fix from watching Dorinda working with them, so I don't have to use any myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am finally online, and my email is gosselink0@yahoo.com. because I changed from the phone co to comcast, I had to pick a n entirely new name/email adress.
this is my maiden last name -old friends and family will recognize it and I will tell y'all that if they want to email me pick the wierd name!
I REALLY ENJOY these pics and others in this web site.
I enjoyed the show very much.
Everybody did a super job in getting it ready.
JEANNIE PITTS