Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Patchwork Quilt Tsushin

The editor of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin, and her photographer, just spent 2 and 1/2 hours at my house interviewing me and taking pictures of my quilts. The article won't be published until Feb '09, but it was an unbelievable experience. It didn't really seem like a big deal until today, but not because it WASN'T a big deal, just because I had so much other stuff on my plate for the last 6 or 8 days I didn't have time for it to really sink in exactly how big of a deal it actually is. I made it through though, and it wasn't an ordeal. It's easy for me to talk about my work because I love what I do. I love the processes I use, and the materials and the techniques and the design aspect and the creation aspect....I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to live my passion, and to be able to share it with others. I'm so excited and overwhelmed about all of this right now that I have started typing 3 different sentences in this post and gotten halfway through them and forgot what I was going to say. Let's just say I'm happy and tired and excited all at once and leave it at that for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!!
I have not seen this publication before, will it be available at the bookstores or by subscription only?
DianeDoodles

Sonji Hunt said...

Congratulations! Breathless fame. Yes, when you are able, please tell us more about this publication.