Friday, June 23, 2006
This one (rather, a CD with pictures of this one) is now winging its way to CO for the Ricky Tims challenge "Au Naturale." Of course there is a backstory to it...My friend has been working on hers for weeks and kept after me about entering one also. Finally, Tuesday morning I got after it (to be RECEIVED by the following Monday, of course. Nothing like working under a deadline.) I have absolutely no idea where the design came from, or how I managed to put it together and complete it by yesterday evening, but here it is. I used some of my rust dyed stuff, some thread painting (the tree trunk) and window screen for the tree leaves. I'm actually pretty proud of it and pleased with the free motion quilting on it. It's 38x46 and uses commercial prints and rust dyes. An additional challenge I put on myself was to use nothing but stash fabrics too. I did finally break down and buy one piece (60% off) for a false backing yesterday though. I was NOT happy with the very heavy quilting showing on the solid color backing I had originally used, but it was that 'stash only' thing.