Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm stuck

I've made it this far and no more. It needs something (I think) but what? So far, the fibers are the only thing actually attached to the quilt so I can move the guitar around if need be. Angled maybe? More lines of fibers? Some of the cool deconstructed sheet music I've been playing around with? This is not like me at all to get stuck in the middle of a design either. My normal mode is to start and keep going until I'm done, without a lot of moving stuff around and decisions to be made in the middle of a piece. I'm happy with what I have so far and I don't know why the creative block. I'm happy with the colors, the wide variety of textures (wool, upholstery fabric, sheers, the silk linen-weave background, tulle shadow and fuzzy fibers) and the shape of the guitar. So why can't I finish it?

I have detail stitching and such things as the strings and small buttons for the things where the strings connect still to be added, and that will help some, but I can't help but feel it's missing something. Arrgghhhh.....any suggestions are most welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me....the guitar at an angle, would probably add interest!

Nice Blog!