Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Storytellers Ball juried art show

4th place win! I am over the moon excited about this. Not only was I the only woman to win, but mine was the only fiber in the show. The three pieces were apparently judged as a tryptich since they didn't single out a specific one by title.

The Jackson Arts Council had a nice artist reception and opening last night and it was great to meet people and chat with the other artists and viewers. The artwork was all so gorgeous I can't imagine it was easy to judge it. After seeing what I was up against, I was blown away that I had won anything! Just being accepted to the show was a boost for my confidence to begin with, so you can imagine what an actual win did for it. It gives me hope that another piece currently in the judging stage for an art show at The Cedars has a shot at being accepted also.

So now to the pictures. The three pieces in the "Blame it on the Blues" show at the Art Center of Mississippi, 201 E. Pascagoula Street, Jackson, MS 39201 (hanging through Aug 31) are Kona cotton and batik reverse applique. The quilting is the lyrics of signature songs of each musician. BB King "The Thrill is Gone", Muddy Waters "Rollin' Stone", and Buddy Guy "Damn Right I Got the Blues"

Well crap....I can't get the photos to load so here are the links to the photobucket pics.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/DeltaMoon/TheThrillIsGone.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/DeltaMoon/RollinStone.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/DeltaMoon/DamnRight.jpg

No comments: