Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year

Yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary. Over half my life! We had a great, relaxing day, my horrible cold and general yuckiness notwithstanding, then out to eat and home in time to watch LSU in a complete blow-out over GA Tech. Nice way to end the evening. I woke up cold about 12:30 this morning, grabbed a quilt and rolled over to go back to sleep, then I realized it was completely silent and dark. No streetlights, no red numbers from the alarm clock, no music, no heat, no power. Also, no corded phone anywhere close to call Entergy with and I wasn't getting out of bed to go get it. My solution of course was to grab another quilt and move closer to my hub and cat pile to get warm and hope the power came back on soon. We finally gave up about 6:30 and decided to go out for breakfast after Entergy told us power would be back on by 7:30. Not. It finally came back on about 9:00 and the house isn't warm yet. I'm still in my coat and my toes and fingers are like icicles. We have a restaurant style Bunn coffee maker that has a reservoir of water that stays hot all the time, and of course the water in the reservoir had cooled overnight so we had a pot of cold coffee when the power did come back on. At least the microwave came back on too.

The way I see it is we're getting the bad luck out of the way first thing and the rest of the year is going to be great!!! Corned beef and cabbage with black-eyed peas and sausage on the menu for later to guarantee it!

2 comments:

Karoda said...

Happy New Year to you! I've got my black-eyes going and collards...couldn't find a head of cabbage anywhere yesterday.

And that is very sad on the misspelling for any educational institution at any level.

Michelle said...

Happy New Year, and Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. Our 7th anniversary was on the 30th...we love having an extra day of our own to celebrate amid the other holidays! 'Glad you got your power back...you don't realize how much you rely upon electricity until it's gone...